History of the estate

Holiday at Tisens near Meran

The “Gurtenhof” estate is apparently of antique age. Various historians agree that the old wall facing east, where the barn of the estate used to be located, is a remnant of the old “St. Katharina” house chapel. This chapel, referred to as “domus s. Katerina“, was already declared in deeds in 1327.

In 1692 the estate was owned by an earl called Graf von Frankenberg. He sold the estate to Jakob Knoll in that year.

Since 1996 Erich Knoll has owned the Gurtenhof estate. He has refurbished the house together with his wife Sabine and since 1999 the family rents holiday apartments in these historic walls.